Weaving Workshop FAQ
How can I see the dates of the next workshops and book one? I list the upcoming workshop dates on this page on my website: https://www.evadennistextiles.com/category/weaving-workshops
Workshops are booked through my website with Stripe payment.
If you can’t see a date that works for you, feel free to email email@example.com and we can arrange a day that suits you.
How much does it cost? £165.00
What will I experience?
- The full process of setting up a rigid heddle loom and weaving your own wall hanging
- Designing your own weaving warp.
- Learning how to get the loom ready for weaving.
- You will be able to choose from an array of different yarns and vintage fabric to weave with. Feel free to bring some material of your own to upcycle.
- One to one tuition and expert weaving tips
- After the workshop, your woven piece will be finished and stitched, ready to be a wall-hanging. I will send it to you with tracked postage. The finished size of the wall hanging is variable dependent on the thickness of the yarns you have decided to use. It will most likely be approximately 30cm across and 40cm in height.
I know nothing about weaving, will I be able to do this? Yes, this is the perfect experience for a beginner who wants to try something new! As this workshop is one to one, you can have as much help and weaving advice as you need.
Where does the workshop take place? This workshop will take part in my studio space at Cockpit Arts Holborn in central London. The nearest underground stations are Holborn and Russell Square. Exact address and directions will be sent to you after booking.
How long is the workshop? The workshop runs from 10.30am -4.30pm with a short break for lunch. Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided but please bring along a packed lunch. There are also quite a few nice cafes nearby if you would prefer to pop out and get something to eat.
Covid-19 Policy Please bear in mind that this workshop includes demonstrations of how to use the loom so social distancing is not really possible. Mask-wearing is not required in my workspace but I am happy to wear them if you feel more comfortable doing so.
I work in a shared studio with four other makers, so there is a chance that some of the others might be in working in their own spaces.
Masks are required in the corridors and communal areas of Cockpit Arts.
I’ve realised I can’t attend the workshop anymore, what do I do? Please do not attend the workshop if you are showing any symptoms. If you are not feeling well and cannot attend the workshop please contact me as soon as possible. As a small business I cannot refund cancellations, but I am willing to rearrange for you to do the workshop on an alternative date.If you have any other questions or specific requirements, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org