How can I see the dates of the next workshops and book one? I list the upcoming workshop dates on this page on my website: https://www.evadennistextiles.com/weaving-workshops
Workshops are booked through my website with Stripe payment.
If you can’t see a date that works for you, feel free to email [email protected] and we can arrange a day that suits you.
How much does it cost? £195.00
I have been given a gift card, how do I use it? There is a unique code written on your gift card. Email me at [email protected], quoting the code, and we can arrange a day that suits you!
What will I experience?
- The full process of setting up a rigid heddle loom and weaving your own wall hanging
- Designing your own weaving warp.
- Learning how to get the loom ready for weaving.
- You will be able to choose from an array of different yarns and vintage fabric to weave with. Feel free to bring some material of your own to upcycle.
- Expert weaving advice and tips. The maximum class size is currently four people, so you will be able to have as much help as you need.
- At the end of the day, your woven piece will be made ready to be a wall-hanging. A wooden rod is provided for hanging the piece. Depending on how we are doing for time, you'll be able to take the piece home at the end of the day or I will post it to you the next day. The finished size of the wall hanging is variable dependent on the thickness of the yarns you have decided to use. It will most likely be approximately 30cm across and 40cm in height.
I know nothing about weaving, will I be able to do this? Yes, this is the perfect experience for a beginner who wants to try something new!
What ages is this workshop suitable for?
This workshop is suitable for adults, teenagers and children of 10 years and above. I have experience with teaching a broad range of ages and I am fully DBS Checked.
Where does the workshop take place? This workshop will take place at Cockpit Studios Bloomsbury in central London. The nearest underground stations are Holborn and Russell Square. Exact address and directions will be sent to you after booking.
How long is the workshop? The workshop runs from 10.30am -4.30pm with a short break for lunch. Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided but please bring along a packed lunch. There are also quite a few nice cafes nearby if you would prefer to pop out and get something to eat. I can give reccomendations!
If you cannot attend the workshop please contact me as soon as possible via email or phone. As a small business I cannot refund cancellations, but I am willing to rearrange for you to do the workshop on an alternative date.